Saturday, January 17, 2009

Altered Coaster Holder Pics & Info




























As stated in the blog this coaster holder was created for a birthday gift for a friend of mine. Though it might not look like it was that hard to do it actually was. This piece took a lot of measuring and a lot of detailed cuts. For this project I used the following tools & products:
Products:
12x12 The Paper Studio Paper
Paper Studio Brads
Prima Glitter Flowers in Red & Black
Red 7/8" ribbed Creation Station Ribbon
and
Red 1/2" shiny FX Ribbon

Tools:
Mod Podge
Exacto Knife with fresh blade
1" foam brush
Hot Glue Gun w/all temp glue sticks
12" metal ruler

The paper as I stated in the blog was a measure like ten time cut once, for two reasons 1. I only get one shot at the alter & 2. because I only had one sheet of that paper. I based my cuts by measuring and outlining the item on the underside of the paper I did this by eye by wrapping it around the holder. I used a ruler for my angles and then cut with my exacto knife. I cut the basics first and then when it came to preparing to adhere I did one side at a time. To finish off the holder I hot glued the thinner ribbon on the exposed edge of the holder. I left tails at either side so it had a finished look and so it didn't peel away. I used the wider ribbon around the sides and this covered the tails of the thinner ribbon. I adhered the wider ribbon using 3M double-sided tape on the underside, wrapped it around the side and to close of the edges so it doesn't come undone and so it doesn't fray I added a bit of mod podge on the edges. The bow was made from the same ribbon and then hot glued in place. The brads were placed in the flowers before glueing them into place. And what comes up is the final product that you see.

No comments: